Friday, September 28, 2012

Time Warp Challenge: They Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To!

It's true, they don't make toys like they used to! I remember so many fantastic toys that don't exist any more. Sally Secret, Yak Back, Brain Warp, Troll Dolls, Floam, and Creepy Crawlers. Yes, some of these toys were potentially dangerous, and yes, some were extremely messy, and now all I can think is that my parents loved me very much to get me toys that could kill me/destroy our house.
But the toy that I miss the most is one that actually still exists, just not the way it used to.
Polly Pockets were the coolest, and most frustrating toy I ever owned. Tiny dolls that could get lost in second, and were almost impossible to stand up in their tiny circular spots.
I LOVED Polly Pocket, her perfect blond hair, her magical playgrounds with spinning pieces, and her pastel colored houses.
 Check out this old commercial for Polly Pocket. I had the Stamping School, and my sister had the Ballerina Stage.


The Polly pockets they make now aren't the adorable little girl dolls from my childhood, but more like miniature barbie dolls.








So I decided that I HAD to do a Polly Pocket manicure for this challenge. The only question was, how?




I settled for painting my nails a purple-pink shade, and putting gold heart on the nails, with Polly Pockets on the thumbs and ring fingers.
Super tiny, but I think it's cure.


So, yeah, kind of adorable, and it totally makes me want to start playing with them again.





(Submissions close in 5d 11h 2m)
URL:(URL of your blog post)
Name:
Email:(Not visible)
Trouble linking up?
Try here
Link tool by inlinkz.com

2 comments:

  1. Adorable!!!! I loved those those tiny little dolls so much that I bought them for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY POLLY POCKET! I was hoping someone would use her for the challenge! She is so cute! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete