Friday, September 21, 2012

Time Warp Challenge: I Remember When...

This last Monday's challenge was to create a design that represents an important moment in history or in your life.
Important moments can be good, bad, or simply life changing.
The moment I chose to remember is a little of all of those. Good, as it changed my perspective in ways I appreciate. Bad, in that I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, and life changing in that it put me on a completely new path.
I chose to use the idea of hospital gowns, and create a simple, almost generic pattern.
I was in hospital gowns a lot in 2006 when I was diagnosed, and have a love hate relationship with them. I love that designer try to create a pattern that is not totally depressing, and I hate that the gowns still feel like salt in a wound. I mean, not only are you sick, you have face the well dressed doctors in a low thread count bed sheet that doesn't close in the back.
Using dots and diamonds, on a white base coat, I created a this pattern.


I wasn't sure I wanted to do this design, as it was a hard moment in my life, but honestly, it feels almost cathartic.


So yeah, bring it on hospitals. If I have to wear your gowns with my read end hanging out, I'm gonna coordinate my make up and nails, and still look awesome.




(Submissions close in 3d 2h 2m)
URL:(URL of your blog post)
Name:
Email:(Not visible)
Trouble linking up?
Try here
Link tool by inlinkz.com
');

No comments:

Post a Comment