Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Time Warp Challenge: It's Vintage Darling!

Hello all!
So my first attempt at vintage made me cringe, and my second just didn't make me happy either. I think in this case, third time's a charm-literally!
My inspiration is... the cameo!
To me nothing is more vintage than the cameo. They were very popular in the late 19th century, and in the Victorian period, and have been popular through several different periods. A true cameo is rock (usually an agate) that is relief carved through different levels of the rock.

I LOVE them, and love how they look on my nails.

I started with a dark pink color by Sally Hansen called "Desert Sands" to give that agate look.

Next I added some dainty silhouette  with my NYC Color white polish.



To really give it that "cameo" look, I finished it off with some gold detail all around the nail.



TA-dah!! 


(Submissions close in 2d 0h 27m)
URL:(URL of your blog post)
Name:
Email:(Not visible)
Trouble linking up?
Try here
Link tool by inlinkz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment