Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Time Warp Challenge: Lights, Camera, ACTION!

For this challenge, we were supposed to choose a nostalgic piece of film or literature to base on manicure on. I wasn't sure it the movie or book was supposed to be nostaglic, or if we were nostaglic about the film or book.
So I choose one of my favorite movies, which luckily, fits both criteria.
"Singing in the Rain" is a movie made in the 1950's about the change from silent films to "talkies" in the 1930's.
It is also my favorite musical of all time, even beating out "White Christmas." (At least until I see "White Christmas" again, in which case it will be my all-time favorite.)
I know a few other bloggers chose this movie as well, and I struggled to come up with what I thought I should do ( a literal interpretation, using umbrellas and music notes) or what I wanted to do (an all out green mani covered with green rhinestone, like the dress Cyd Charisse wore in the "Broadway Melody" segment).
Finally, I decided to just do what I wanted, and painted my nails a bright umbrella yellow, with green french tips and rhinestones.


If no one else gets it, that's ok, 'cause it made me really happy.

An everyone kept asking me what party I was going to.
So, a good reaction. :) 


(Submissions close in 1d 7h 45m)
URL:(URL of your blog post)
Name:
Email:(Not visible)
Trouble linking up?
Try here
Link tool by inlinkz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment