Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Time Warp Challenge: You're Timeless to Me.

This is challenge seven of eight, which means the Time Warp challenge is almost over. :( 
The theme was to pick something that was once popular, and has remained popular. Although there are many fashions and things that earn this high praise, there was only one in my mind. And this highlander of fashion, this timeless, peerless anomaly was the saddle shoe.
I have personally loved saddle shoes since I was a little girl in my first pair. They have been popular since the 1930's, were extremely popular in the 50's, and really, have always enjoyed a certain amount of popularity. 
They are everywhere right now, in flats, high heels, patterns, you name it. 
My ode to the saddle shoes is pretty basic. I used a base coat and my white NYC colors, the used my black nail art labeled "Time Out" to paint the black details.
Next I used my nail brush to add the white dots, and laces.

Yes, I am holding an ice cream cone shaped bottle of bubbles with my saddle shoe nails. It seemed appropriate.
By the way, I love this design, it looks lacy and feminine and is so much fun to look at.



(Submissions close in 6d 4h 15m)
URL:(URL of your blog post)
Name:
Email:(Not visible)
Trouble linking up?
Try here
Link tool by inlinkz.com

1 comment: