Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fruit Salad

This week I was trying to be semi-original, so I tried a new take on the classic summer fruit nails. Last year watermelon nails became the thing to do, so I tried out oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit, and kiwis.
 It took forever, but is so much fun to look at, and I've gotten TONS of complements. Everyone thinks they are fun, bright, and very summery. Mission ACCOMPLISHED.
 Some of them definitely turned out better than others. Lime, lemon, and grapefruit, don't quite "pop" the way I meant them too.
 The orange turned out beyond my wildest hopes. It looks juicy and delicious, and I will do a full manicure of oranges some day. but it's been done before, and i'm still looking for "new" ideas.
While it doesn't look as juicy and edible as the orange, the kiwi looks pretty great. I plan to tweak it a little and do a full set on fake nails. I've seen full kiwi rounds done before, but never sections, so this is kinda new.
Photos of my kiwi mani should be up around Wednesday.
I think I've hit upon so good possibilities here. They just need a little refining. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment